Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Old Pulau Sakeng before land reclaimation













Above are some of the photos of my parents who visited the island in 1993 before the resettlement of the residents of Pulau Sakeng to the mainland. My mum said that there was no electricity or water on the island. Fresh water suppy had to be obtained from Pulau Bukom. Residents collected rainwater for washing and bathing. Also, few households had generators to power the electricity. Majority of the households used kerosene lamps.



Posted by Cedric Chew

1 comment:

Living LIfe said...

Hi, I like your blog even I also doing little work for save the reef in India. and also a member of a nature club. I will post my pictures of few islands around here on my blog very soon. if would you like to join me? you are welcome. we will do some work on it. thanks and keep your good work going. hope to hear from you soon.